Not a while ago, there was another one with the High School Musical songs which was awesome as well. That one was actually better because countries like India getting their "We're All in this Together" and "All For One" on.
You know how India is in terms of musicals and movies so I'm not even going to elaborate on that.
Well, it just reminded me of this video I stumbled upon a long, long time ago.
This video is part of an award-winning documentary called "Playing For Change: Peace Through Music" In the official website, it is described as "a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect and bring peace to the world through music". The song above is "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King.
I loved this rendition. It's something new, something creative, something fresh and raw. You have got to love things like this. There are other songs like "One Love" by Bob Marley just to name another favourite of mine. We all love Bob Marley so I enjoyed that rendition too.
*on the side note I guess I can dedicate this to you. It may seem I'm not there but I'll always be a friend that can be counted on. You are always welcome to cry on the phone with me and just rant. Keep your head up buddy! I'll always be standing by you.
and here we go...
Let's feature A Tribe Called Quest this time. Yeah son,
A Tribe Called Quest - We've Got the Jazz/Buggin' Out [official music video]
Buggin' Out starts at 3:36 LOL so goofy looking but watch the whole video.
and if you didn't know, KiD CuDi and Consequence remade the song and also the video. Enjoy..
KiD CuDi & Consequence - Buggin' Out '09
and oh yeah, since I am on the topic of Filipinos being in the spotlight, I just want to say that Rik Cordero directed this video. Yes, he is Filipino and doing it big in the independent video scene. He has directed The Roots, Q-Tip, Jay-Z just to name a few.
.. and I want those bugging out eyes, they are so trippy.

No comments:
Post a Comment